Interview with the Ayersville Track and Field Head coach.

 the other day I had the chance to go out after track practice and interview their head coach. I started the interview with a simple first question: why the coach's track? He said "He ran back in high school, went to Ohio Northern, and liked working with students. I ask him if he tries to get them going before a race that he knows they must score in to get top 3? and he responded with "I will talk to them and say just generate some points and other kids this is what we have to do to win this event and nothing with presser just motion. I asked him what main goal is and he said" as look as were having fun and the kids are involved and then the rest will do itself. For the final question, I asked him how he would run a normal practice or what a normal practice looks like? He said "They go in different ways, they have Tuesday meets and those are usually kind of like a workout, then two days to recover, and then the main meet on Saturday. there is mostly a fast kind of group, you're in and out and the only reason to be practicing after 4:30 is if you want to be. 

Comments