interview with the ayersville high school head baseball coach.


by crescent news.





Yesterday after
their scrimmage, I had an interview with Alan Maag the head baseball coach at ayersville high school. I asked him a couple of questions to see his goals for the team. The first question I asked was
what are you looking forward to the most this season? he said “1st thing every year is I look forward to just being around the kids. I have a wonderful group of young men that are just fun to be around. Secondly, I look forward to teaching the game of baseball and watching them improve all season. Then the second question I asked him was can you describe what a typical practice looks like for your team? His response was “We start by stretching as a team and go thru our throwing progression. After that we typically work on defensive stuff. So flyball ground balls and in game situations. After that we may hit in the cage or take batting practice against live pitching. We end with field work which every kid has a job to do to help take care of the field.” the 3rd and final question I asked was what are your goals for the team and for yourself? He saidGoals for the team are to just get better everyday. If they can do that the sky is the limit for this team.  As far as goals for myself I just always want to make sure the kids enjoy themselves while learning to work hard towards goals they set for themselves. I just hope when they graduate that are glad they played baseball.” by Dominick Barnhart 

Comments